Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Organization Anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask the Organization Anything

http://ygorganization.com/about-us/

If you've a question for the people noted in the above link, ask it here.
    Founder of the Organization, Co-Founder and Co-Chief Editor of YGOrganization.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I demand the krabby patty secret formula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is more of an open-ended question for anyone to answer, and I hope you don't interpret it as me implying anything is wrong where there isn't.

In what aspect would you say the Org/you as a member of it needs the most improvement or development in?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Art and graphic design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As one of the most dedicated groups of Yu-Gi-Oh! fans on the internet, do you have any plans to form a group of designers to continue the game after its official, commercial conclusion?

With YGOPro and DN it'd be entirely possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what aspect would you say the Org/you as a member of it needs the most improvement or development in?
    The Org could use better resources to confirm product authenticity (this has been a minor problem for us).

Also more article/strategy writers, since we're effectively a Rulings and "Hey, Product" site at the moment, and the lack of consistent quality strategy writing (and retention of quality writers) has generally been an issue for us.

As one of the most dedicated groups of Yu-Gi-Oh! fans on the internet, do you have any plans to form a group of designers to continue the game after its official, commercial conclusion?
    I don't think it'll be ending any time soon. Yu-Gi-Oh!'s big money generally, and a fairly significant franchise for Shueisha and Konami. The game's already 15 years old, it's already surpassed the sustainability wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    This is more of an open-ended question for anyone to answer, and I hope you don't interpret it as me implying anything is wrong where there isn't.

Like Dan said, we lack artists and graphic designers among the core membership.

We also lack someone with the time and skill among the core membership to produce quality YouTube videos on a weekly basis - a "This Week in Yu-Gi-Oh!" series may be a worthwhile pursuit.

And like Ark said, even we sometimes get fooled by people who lie about product. It doesn't happen often, but we get very upset when it does happen, and we try very hard to not let it happen.
    Founder of the Organization, Co-Founder and Co-Chief Editor of YGOrganization.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post

Like Ark said, we don't expect the TCG/OCG or the franchise's other elements to end anytime soon. It could, in theory, continue for our entire lifetimes and beyond.

I myself would see it as immensely conceited and full of hubris if the Org ever said "if the game ceases to exist as a commercial entity, we will take up the reins and design cards for online simulators, because we're obviously the biggest fans" as if our dedication to the franchise somehow privileges our opinions regarding its future. As Founder, you can know I'd put a stop to that self-aggrandizing shit tout de suite.

We're obviously immense fans, that's not in dispute - but that fandom, that sincere attachment to this beast, isn't the important thing.

It isn't our dedication that makes our opinions worthwhile and wise: our dedication is fuel, not content. It's the detail and thoroughness with which we argue our points, and the nuance paid to those points, which makes for content - it isn't devotion that entitles one to decide what a card ought and oughtn't do, but sage.
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 11th September 2015 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post

Agree with Dan, we desperately need artists and graphic designers.

So, if you know anyone, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post

It's more likely for us to cease being the Org than it is for YGO to end, so I mean this question really doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you guys ever had an offline meeting?