User Tag List

Thread: Ignoring the summoning conditions- Does it work on everything?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Ignoring the summoning conditions- Does it work on everything?

I was wondering how 'ignoring the summoning conditions' works. I was wondering if there were any exceptions to how it worked. For example, Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond.

Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials. You can only Special Summon "Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond(s)" once per turn. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Gem-Knight" monster you control to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Gem-Knight" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions.
    If there was a Gem-Knight fusion monster with the following line of text, would Brilliant Diamond be able to summon it?

Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
    If not, is there a line of text that would prevent Brilliant Diamond from summoning that hypothetical fusion monster?

Just wondering. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Megamaw; 13th December 2015 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On everything? no.

to put it simply, "ignoring the summoning condtions" lets you ignore the procedure actually written on the card. any other rules will still apply

even with "Ignoring the summoning Conditions" things need to be summoned properly before they can be revived. for example Starlight road summoned stardust cannot be revived, no matter how much Ignoring the summoning conditions you put on whatever would have revived it.
    the only exception to this is the Legendary Knights. Knight of Destiny CAN revive knights that weren't properly summoned.

in the case of lady diamond, yes she can summon such a monster from the extra, but not from the grave if she was able to do that.

in short, as long as you aren't reviving them, "Ignoring the summoning conditions" will usually go around anything.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.