User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Question Based From Arc V Episode 72

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of, since we now have a version of Jack Atlas and Crow in the Synchro dimension, will we get a version of some of the side characters from GX in the Fusion dimension, or from Zexal in the Xyz dimension? It would be interesting to see Yuma and Astral taking a John Connor-like spot in the resistance, or Chaz being a high-rank member of the Academia...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Speaking of, since we now have a version of Jack Atlas and Crow in the Synchro dimension, will we get a version of some of the side characters from GX in the Fusion dimension, or from Zexal in the Xyz dimension? It would be interesting to see Yuma and Astral taking a John Connor-like spot in the resistance, or Chaz being a high-rank member of the Academia...
    Perhaps, Perhaps not
    Synchro was basically untouched from how it was
    Xyz was reduced to Rubble, the plot may not even go there and any Alternate Characters may have already been Carded or are part of the Resistance. Also I would not expect Astral to show up even if Yuma does. Yusei doesn't appear to exist so I doubt Yuma or Jaden would show up anyway. Having Astral around would just raise a shitload of questions as to where the other 2 worlds are and Where the Numbers are. Given Jack's Scarlight seems to be nothing more then just a really powerful monster, I doubt they'd bring the numbers back in any form. Likewise for the other GX dimensions, Super Poly and Yubel.

As for Fusion, the fact that Academia is still there and still evil means that any Alternate GX characters have completely different personalities then their GX selfs (which may as well make them completely different characters really) or are their usual selfs and probably already beaten or just don't exist (Again, Still Evil so no good guy won there...)

in short its entirely possible that Jack and Crow are the only alternate characters we will see, though that would be a waste.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually curious as to Yugi and the gang getting Scales, especially since it's possible for them to be living in Standard. Might be related to the upcoming movie, but since there's already theories that main characters of other series (like Yusei and Yuma) wouldn't be appearing, I'm finding it possible for side characters like Kaiba and Joey to make their appearances sometime in ArcV.

Also, have they revealed the face of the Professor of the Academia?
    Might as well just put this so that people can actually read from my mistake

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, Professor = Leo Akaba, we saw his face a LONG time ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AccelRainbowDashley View Post
    Leo wants to merge the dimensions. That's been made pretty clear. Barring a swerve, that's what we go with.
    Yes, he wants to merge them. But the real question is: for what purpose?

Is it going to be a face turn where it turns out that if he doesn't merge the dimensions they'll all fall apart and be destroyed?

Or is he simply power hungry and wants to rule everything?

Knowing yugioh writers, its probably the second option. Then again some of the stuff that has happened thus far is atypical for a yugioh writer.

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Yes, he wants to merge them. But the real question is: for what purpose?

Is it going to be a face turn where it turns out that if he doesn't merge the dimensions they'll all fall apart and be destroyed?

Or is he simply power hungry and wants to rule everything?

Knowing yugioh writers, its probably the second option. Then again some of the stuff that has happened thus far is atypical for a yugioh writer.
    Given they way the plot went from "Yuya wants to become stronger to defeat Reiji" to "inter-dimensional war" I wouldn't be surprised if Leo's intentions are actually good. Even Reiji is ambiguous as a "good guy", plus we still don't know what happened to Yuya's father. It's entirely possible he left because he's involved with Leo's plan. Reiji's mother said he was an enemy of LDS, but LDS are working against Leo and Academia. The fact that I've legitimately enjoyed Arc-V so far gives me faith in the writers.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Or is he simply power hungry and wants to rule everything?

Actually no Villain (outside of the 4Kids dubs) has had teh "Rule the world" BS for a Motive.
    Kaiba, Petty vengence for losing in a card game (and the mind raping, but mostly that first one)
    Pegasus, wanted his wife back
    Marik, (Misguided) Revenge
    Yami Marik, Murder for funsies. wanted to cause as much pain as he fucking could to anyone he could
    Dartz, End of the World because he thought Human = Evil and his God was Hungry
    Siegfried, Petty Revenge
    Zorc/Yami Bakura, End of the World. he was Basically a giant Heartless

Kagemaru wanted to be Young again
    Sartorious/Light of Destruction, End of the World
    Yubel,....Not goin into that shit
    Darkness, Instrumentality

Rex, Destroy & Recreate the World as he saw becoming a God as the only way to give the Finger to Destiny
    Zone&Friends, Avoid Bad End Future

Faker, Save Son Via Deal with Vector, leading to...
    Barians, basically Destroy Astral World before they can do the same to them (and for funsies in Vectors case)
    Don K, ....He was basically the God of Chaos. Destroying Astral World aside it was just as much for its own sake as anything

so yeah, Yugioh has never actually sunk as low as using a power-hungry nutjob as a main villain, the Closest probably being Akhenaden and his case he wanted someone else to rule. Given how well ARC V has been Done I doubt they will start that shit now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Soon, I shall give everyone the power to Special Summon however they wish. And when everyone can Special Summon..." *flips Vanity's Emptiness* "NO ONE CAN!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    "Soon, I shall give everyone the power to Special Summon however they wish. And when everyone can Special Summon..." *flips Vanity's Emptiness* "NO ONE CAN!"
    In the epilogue, Yuya and yuzu ascend to the heavens to be the living embodiment's of the banlist so that no card will ever be too powerful.

The end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the epilogue, Yuya and yuzu ascend to the heavens to be the living embodiment's of the banlist so that no card will ever be too powerful.

The end.
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica spoiler below, be warned:

Spoiler Alert!
    So they collectively pull a Madoka?