User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [TCG] BOSH Set Spoiler

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    Heh, spanish translations are the worst ones, as always. My proof are Aromages. In all the languages, they keep the "aroma" part. In spanish, even when "aroma" is already a spanish word, they translated "Aromage" into "Arobrujo" (In english something like "Arosorcerer"), making the archetype "Arobru" ("Arosor" you can say in english maybe?), which makes no sense because it is not a real word as it is "aroma". I really hope that they fired the responsable of that translation...

Anyways, almost every compound noun translated to spanish is horrible, there are some exception, but usually they are the worst...
    Every translation, to some degree, is bad. You're losing the meaning of the names given in their original language. Now, the spanish translation is a literal one from the english one, and the english translation have to, sometimes, rename the archetype because a literal translation from japanese doesn't make any sense.

I don't actually mind, I mostly play in english, but it's really hard when I'm talking with my friends that only know spanish and play with the spanish cards. Or I don't follow what they are saying because my mind doesn't relates "artistamigo" with "performapal" quickly enough or they don't understand that "Performapal" mean "Artistamigo" (just an example). And then there are things like "Amodeespíritus Shiranui" and "Arobrujos"...
    Last edited by Jakinus; 27th December 2015 at 02:21 AM.
    Don´t forget to have fun and ENJOY.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, we likely have our Light and Wind Kaiju, and BA gets their new plaything, my boyfriend will like that.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    092 is Neptabyss.

Registered User Hoozuki_Suigetsu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My native language is spanish just if anyone needs some help with one card or something.

Btw... Red-eyes lancer? that is true? a new red-eyes?

PD: Red-eyes tracer = Dragon Retro de ojos rojos.... In the right, betwen the pendulum and exceed monster. Kind lame name.
    Last edited by Hoozuki_Suigetsu; 27th December 2015 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plertidoures View Post
    Heh, spanish translations are the worst ones, as always. My proof are Aromages. In all the languages, they keep the "aroma" part. In spanish, even when "aroma" is already a spanish word, they translated "Aromage" into "Arobrujo" (In english something like "Arosorcerer"), making the archetype "Arobru" ("Arosor" you can say in english maybe?), which makes no sense because it is not a real word as it is "aroma". I really hope that they fired the responsable of that translation...

Anyways, almost every compound noun translated to spanish is horrible, there are some exception, but usually they are the worst...
    Spanish also has the largest number of known pointless renames (although Portuguese probably would if given the chance), and is typically the language that has spelling mistakes in card names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    What'd they do to Aroma Jar?
    "Jarra de Arobru", something like "Jar of Arosor".

Yes, the spanish translations are fucked up

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Spanish also has the largest number of known pointless renames (although Portuguese probably would if given the chance), and is typically the language that has spelling mistakes in card names.
    I would say most of the Portuguese renames weren't pointless, they were grammar corrections. I guess it must be the same for Spanish. Also, renaming the Ancient Gear archetype made it much less silly.

I also didn't know they renamed Red-Eyes B. Chick. The previous name, Pinto Negro de Olhos Vermelhos, could be translated as either Red-Eyes Black Chick or Red-Eyes Black Dick and the new name translates as Red-Eyes Black Offspring. I guess it was an absolutely necessary change, even though the meme will never die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    What'd they do to Aroma Jar?
    What if one of kaiju interfering signal effects was ignore the conditions of Kaiju monsters on the fields at this point i would not mind that see as we really need a card like that.

In the Subterror Nemesis's we trust god bless The Hidden City.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pic from reddit showing the secret rares in Spanish: http://i.imgur.com/TQOVkTI.jpg

Never seen that 'Providencia Definitiva' (Definitive Providence, I think it will sound more like Decisive Providence.):

"When a Spell Card, Trap, or the effect of a monster is activated, discard the same type of card (Monster, Spell or Trap) to negate the activation, and if you do, destroy the card."

Not sure what it depicts, Ritual Beast Tamers with a Naturia critter or assorted Sylvans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Pic from reddit showing the secret rares in Spanish: http://i.imgur.com/TQOVkTI.jpg

Never seen that 'Providencia Definitiva' (Definitive Providence, I think it will sound more like Decisive Providence.):

"When a Spell Card, Trap, or the effect of a monster is activated, discard the same type of card (Monster, Spell or Trap) to negate the activation, and if you do, destroy the card."

Not sure what it depicts, Ritual Beast Tamers with a Naturia critter or assorted Sylvans.
    It's definitely Tierra attacking them. Gaiapelio is blocking the shot while Lara is hugging/shielding what seems to be Wendi and Pilica.
    Beautiful artwork though; really missed seeing RB.
    Last edited by Aromaiden; 27th December 2015 at 08:59 PM.
    Current Favorite Decks: Ritual Beast, Blue-Eyes, Burgesstoma, Phantom Knights, D/D/D, and Raidraptor.