User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SHVI] Deskbot Base

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konami must be stamping the effects written on field spells lately with a Magical Mallet. First Kozmotown now this card. This card and Terraforming can always keep something to draw available not to mention monsters in hand either.

The card may do great things like 9-Volt did with Batterymen for accessibility but more luck based.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 3rd January 2016 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3QU13M View Post
    Konami must be stamping the effects written on field spells lately with a Magical Mallet. First Kozmotown now this card but this doesn't have any "Once per turn" limitations whatsoever. Like dafuqqq... This card and Terraforming can always keep something to draw available not to mention monsters in hand either.

The card may do great things like 9-Volt did with Batterymen for accessibility but more luck based.
    May want to re-read it:

Once per turn:
    Reveal any number of “Deskbot” cards in your hand to your opponent; shuffle them into your Deck, then, draw a number of cards from your Deck equal to that amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaziuma View Post
    May want to re-read it:

Once per turn:
    Reveal any number of “Deskbot” cards in your hand to your opponent; shuffle them into your Deck, then, draw a number of cards from your Deck equal to that amount.
    Wow, that's very blatant and obvious now that I see it again. Well thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Unfortunately, the space after the Toon has been taken and that's where new Deskbots have typically been. Let's not get our hopes up.
    They still have spot no. 40 for a new monster. deskbots tend to take 39 and 40.
    Scooting around at the speed of sound.
    such is the way of a Sonic Duck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ever resolve the third effect and lose, you need to quit yugioh. I mean it's a one-sided fiber jar for gods sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah I want to like this card so much
    - First effect actually does help with extra atk boost but ruins Machine Duplication plays, I guess depends on the odds you have this card on the field when you draw into a Machine Dupe
    - Second effect is meh, usually if you have a good Deskbots build, you don't usually brick too hard. The one good thing about this effect tho is that you can put back those Deskbots 002 you draw so you have another chance to activate it's eff by Machine Dupe or 003
    - Wow...that's an effect, well worth imo. This depends on the build tho because some decks don't run all Deskbots so this eff is useless, but there is a downside that no one has mentioned yet. The Pendulum monsters.... To get this effect off you need to have 005, 006, 007, and 008 on the field and/or in grave which is somewhat difficult unless you discard them to grave or manage to summon all of them. (Just realized that you can also use your pendulum zones )

I will have to test this card, but this probably won't be in my deck. Ok effects but they get in the way of already set in stone combos.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Woops, looks like the OPT clause was already pointed out. M'bad! (This is what I get for not posting the post sooner!)

Still, I do think this'll definitely be worthwhile to include -- sure, it might lock you out of Machine Duplication, BUT it also makes you infinitely more likely to get to your Pendulum scales and/or 003 to kickstart the glorious plays, or can just be played after your Dup.

Plus, I feel it should be noted that it being a Field Spell is if anything them actually making it more balanced . . . because, well, plenty of the Deskbot support goes by names of cards, not names of monsters. The new Field Spell will work with 003, 007, 008, and Jet, and can also be fetched by 002 or recovered with 006, meaning it's going to be really rather wonderful for the archetype.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, going for the nuke effect can become a strategy unto itself now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I think Deskbot Base is pretty disappointing. Lets go over the effects,
    (1) The attack buff would be good if it didnt prevent the use of Machine Dupe. As it stands, I'd much rather be able to play Deskbots best tech card over a 500 boost any day.
    (2) The second effect is very useful, helping you get those pesky 002s out of hand and potentially replace them with 003s, but not being able to machine dupe out the 002s again makes it so much less useful.
    (3) Now the effect that impresses, this sounds amazing when you read it, but if you've played a lot of Deskbots you'd probably understand why its not so good. You need 001-008 on the field or in grave, a difficult task considering 005-008 are pendulum, but the requirement of 9 different names means unless 009 is announced soon, Jet must be used. With that considered, its pretty unlikely you'll activate this without having burned most of you monsters already, and since they'll be shuffling back everything and your stuff is gonna be banished you have a decent chance of just getting out topdecked. All of this could be fixed with 009 however. If 009 is announced and his effect makes Machine Dupe less important, then this field spell will be pretty useful, even if the nuke effect is kinda impractical. As it stands, I'd run 0 of this.

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Deskbot Base is based (lol) on an opened school bag.