User Tag List

Thread: D/D Proud Ogre and Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: D/D Proud Ogre and Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon

If Somehow i made an Odd mix of D/D and some random Level 7 Dragon-Type monsters, my O.E.R.D is destroyed and sent back to my Extra, after this i Normal Summon Proud Ogre will i be able to Special Summon Odd-Eyes? Since some monsters cannot be Special Summoned because it was not Special Summoned Properly

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    If Somehow i made an Odd mix of D/D and some random Level 7 Dragon-Type monsters, my O.E.R.D is destroyed and sent back to my Extra, after this i Normal Summon Proud Ogre will i be able to Special Summon Odd-Eyes? Since some monsters cannot be Special Summoned because it was not Special Summoned Properly
    I'm not sure if I understand your question...
    You summoned OERD, right? Then it was destroyed and sent to the Extra, right? And then you Normal Summoned D/D Proud Ogre, right? And then... you want to summon OERD with Ogre's effect? Is that it? Because if it is, you can.
    If the Summon of OERD was negated, then it will be sent to the Graveyard.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand your question...
    You summoned OERD, right? Then it was destroyed and sent to the Extra, right? And then you Normal Summoned D/D Proud Ogre, right? And then... you want to summon OERD with Ogre's effect? Is that it? Because if it is, you can.
    If the Summon of OERD was negated, then it will be sent to the Graveyard.
    thanks for solving this issue, grateful

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for solving this issue, grateful
    No problem, you're welcome.
    But bear in mind this is kinda of an opinion. I think you can, since if OERD is face-up in the Extra it means it was properly summoned. Also, since it is a DARK Pendulum Monster, it can be summoned by Ogre's effect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit someone else actually answered a ruling before me

And no you can't if it was not properly summoned first (lemme guess, Odd-eyes Absolute Dragon)

Check the new perfect Rulebook article

Summoning an Xyz/Pendulum Monster

€A face-down Xyz/Pendulum Monster in the Extra Deck can be Xyz Summoned. Also, it cannot be Pendulum Summoned.
    €A face-up Xyz/Pendulum Monster in the Extra Deck cannot be Xyz Summoned. If the Level written in the card can be Pendulum Summoned, it can be Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck.
    €If an Xyz/Pendulum Monster is Pendulum Summoned, it is treated as Special Summoning a monster of that monster’s Rank.
    €If a Pendulum Summoned Xyz/Pendulum Monster is destroyed and it is added to the Extra Deck face-up, it can be Pendulum Summoned once again.
    €If an Xyz/Pendulum Monster has its Xyz or Pendulum Summon negated, that card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard.
    €If an Xyz/Pendulum Monster that was not properly Special Summoned is later added to the Extra Deck face-up, it cannot be Special Summoned.
    Example: If “Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon” is Special Summoned by the effect of “Xyz Shift” that says “Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 monster with the same Type, Attribute, and Rank as that Tributed monster had on the field, but with a different name, and if you do, attach this card to it as an Xyz Material.“, and it is later added to the Extra Deck, it cannot be Pendulum Summoned.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    And no you can't if it was not properly summoned first (lemme guess, Odd-eyes Absolute Dragon)
    Ah yeah, Absolute can not properly summon it and it will be sent to the extra after getting destroyed, was forgetting about that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chiming in with the addition that you don't really need 'random Level 7 Dragon-type monsters', you can just run multiple OEPD and they'll do the job (while also pulling their weight by way of their Pendulum Effect, as though you needed even more ways to search). If you're worried about being able to summon it back, just make sure you have a Proud Ogre as the high end and you're good.

But yeah, Proud Ogre can revive an in-Extra OERD or OEPD, though in the former case it needs to have been Xyz Summoned properly first (as everyone else has said); the restriction Ogre's Monster Effect'll impose will only be imposed on all the stuff you're doing after the thing he's Special Summoning has been, well, Special Summoned, is why the ruling works as it does (if I remember right).
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!