User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 90, 91 and 92 summaries discussion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    91: Please tell me that Reira being carded is speculation.
    I also don't want that to happen. Reira just started dueling seriously now... Being carded already... It would be a good excuse to make Reiji act all Kaiba, though...

JACK ATLAS must be a Lancer to have more screentime.
    With so much Lancers, each one of them will barely have screen time (just look at Reiji). Except fo Yuya, of course. He's the star of that circus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    With so much Lancers, each one of them will barely have screen time (just look at Reiji). Except fo Yuya, of course. He's the star of that circus.
    I'm willing to have even minimun Jack screentime, I only wish it isn't more death staring, just that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm willing to have even minimun Jack screentime, I only wish it isn't more death staring, just that.
    Yeah, he deserves more than that. Heck, even Crow has more screentime than him!
    But I wouldn't be satisfied with minimum Jack screentime. I want to see good ol' Jack kicking some butts with his Burning Soul!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated the post with the new info. I wonder what is the thing that happens when the four dragons are summoned, I hope it isn't just Berserk Mode and we get more than that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Yuri absorbs Yugo, would that result in a monster that simultaneously a fusion and a synchro? How would that work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -people talk about how Jack doesn't get enough screentime.
    -people alto talk about how Jack deserves more screentime even though he's done nothing and serves no purpose.

You guys are clearly misrepresenting the Arc-V Jack with the 5D's Jack. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME CHARACTER. I can't believe you're actually falling for the show's trick of having "returning" characters. "Crow" and "Jack" shouldn't have even been in Arc-V, just make up new characters and use those. They didn't have a problem doing that with Declan (Kaiba), Sylvio (Chazz), or Shay (Astral), so there's no point in not doing that with 5D's. If Arc-V is going to succeed or fail, it should do so based on its own merits instead of manipulating the fanbase's nostalgia for better shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyfiretherobot View Post
    -people alto talk about how Jack deserves more screentime even though he's done nothing and serves no purpose.

You guys are clearly misrepresenting the Arc-V Jack with the 5D's Jack. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME CHARACTER. I can't believe you're actually falling for the show's trick of having "returning" characters. "Crow" and "Jack" shouldn't have even been in Arc-V, just make up new characters and use those. They didn't have a problem doing that with Declan (Kaiba), Sylvio (Chazz), or Shay (Astral), so there's no point in not doing that with 5D's. If Arc-V is going to succeed or fail, it should do so based on its own merits instead of manipulating the fanbase's nostalgia for better shows.
    1) And that's right, he only death stares most of the time.
    2) That's why he deserves more screentime, he has done nothing since reking Yuya and giving that push to Reira. And he had its purpose, another barrier for Yuya to overcome (That's the only thing that grinds my gears about the Synchro Arc, barring its pacing: We never got the rematch) and also as an extra getting Reira out of his shell.

It was clear from the start they weren't the same character, this is an AU Version, so of course he isn't the same Jack. However I recognize that original characters would have been better to spiritually represent past characters, especially since we never got the Synchro Reiji with "Shiro" in its surname which would have represented Jack.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 7th January 2016 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lolster did good on this:

1) And that's right, he only death stares most of the time.
    2) That's why he deserves more screentime, he has done nothing since reking Yuya and giving that push to Reira. And he had its purpose, another barrier for Yuya to overcome (That's the only thing that grinds my gears about the Synchro Arc, barring its pacing: We never got the rematch) and also as an extra getting Reira out of his shell.
    Well said, man!
    That's exactly the reason why he needs to have screen time.

They aren't the same character, that's obvious. But they have the same name, the same appearance, the same timbre, the same mannerisms, the same badassness (come on, despite staring most of the time, Arc-V's Jack is still a badass). I'm not expecting him to be a completely different character than 5D's' one, to be honest. Look at Crow. It also isn't the same character as the one from 5D's. But it has similarities. He grew up orphan (same as Jack), he takes care of the kids and the kids and his friends are everything to him and his reason to fight. Just like in 5D's he wants to turn the city around and prevail over the rich guys who explore the poorer.
    So, despite being fully aware this Jack is not the same, I'm expecting him to be similar and I wish for him to be similar and want to see that as soon as possible, because they have being postponing him for too much time now.
    It's true they're appealing using nostalgia, but damn, I'm happy to see Crow and Jack again, even if they are counterparts to the original selves.

It was clear from the start they weren't the same character, this is an AU Version, so of course he isn't the same Jack. However I recognize that original characters would have been better to spiritually represent past characters, especially since we never got the Synchro Reiji with "Shiro" in its surname which would have represented Jack.
    Yes, if they somehow were able to use the same Crow and Jack and merge Arc-V with 5D's, that would have been a great move.
    I was kinda disappointed they didn't use the same characters...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    They aren't the same character, that's obvious. But they have the same name, the same appearance, the same timbre, the same mannerisms, the same badassness (come on, despite staring most of the time, Arc-V's Jack is still a badass). I'm not expecting him to be a completely different character than 5D's' one, to be honest. Look at Crow. It also isn't the same character as the one from 5D's. But it has similarities. He grew up orphan (same as Jack), he takes care of the kids and the kids and his friends are everything to him and his reason to fight. Just like in 5D's he wants to turn the city around and prevail over the rich guys who explore the poorer.
    Yeah, all that stuff with Yusei/Kalin weren't at all important to Jack's/Crow's characters. And you have to know that you're scraping the bottom of the barrel of interesting character traits when you include something as generic as "his friends are everything to him and his reason to fight" which covers 90% of all Shonen characters. Also, 5D's Jack wasn't even concerned about wealth divisions until he was dethroned and lost his status, so I'm not particularly convinced that anything you wrote is accurate as opposed to you trying to shield yourself from people who aren't going to act like Arc-V is the best thing ever for trying to cash in on the Urobuchi craze.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90: Possibily Crow still loses due to Death's effect, but saving Yuya first by defeating OERD with Chidori.

91: Please tell me that Reira being carded is speculation.

92: I guess this means a last batch of Speedroid support and finally knowing Yuri's Deck and Dragon's apparence and effects.

JACK ATLAS must be a Lancer to have more screentime.
    90: something.
    91: I hope I'm wrong, but it's Barrett, and we need reason to avenge something.
    92:Hype.

Yep, pretty much.
    Oh look, a REALLY small set of words. It's not like they're important..right?