User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 90, 91 and 92 summaries discussion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyfiretherobot View Post
    Yeah, all that stuff with Yusei/Kalin weren't at all important to Jack's/Crow's characters.
    I don't understand what you mean with this...

And you have to know that you're scraping the bottom of the barrel of interesting character traits when you include something as generic as "his friends are everything to him and his reason to fight" which covers 90% of all Shonen characters.
    Crow acts like the kids' father, that's all I was saying. He has a paternal bond towards them, like he had in 5D's. The other characters don't relate with others this way, I'd say.

Also, 5D's Jack wasn't even concerned about wealth divisions until he was dethroned and lost his status,
    That was less than half of the 5D's... And he learned. Arc-V Jack also doesn't seem too worried about the gap between the Tops and the Commons, for now.

so I'm not particularly convinced that anything you wrote is accurate as opposed to you trying to shield yourself from people who aren't going to act like Arc-V is the best thing ever for trying to cash in on the Urobuchi craze.
    What are you saying? I don't even think Arc-V's the best... And I respect all other people who don't like Arc-V or things in it.
    Last edited by Pendulum; 7th January 2016 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Typo fixing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [...] or Shay (Astral) [...]
    Please explain how Shun is the new Astral...

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    I would say Manga Yuto is the new Astral, but no Anime Shun, Anime Shun would be Shark/Joey to Yuto and Ruri would be Rio/Shizuka.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    I would say Manga Yuto is the new Astral, but no Anime Shun, Anime Shun would be Shark/Joey to Yuto and Ruri would be Rio/Shizuka.
    If I would compare him with anyone from Zexal, it would probably the Arclight family, because they also seeked for revenge on the main villian using cruel duel tactics, but later became allies.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also waiting an explanation on that.

Manga Yuto is more like Yami. Which is basically the same as Astral, so...
    Shun is 5D's' Crow. His humor is nothing like Joey's. Maybe more like Shark, yeah. They're both worried about their sister, are vengeful and anti-social.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Also waiting an explanation on that.

Manga Yuto is more like Yami. Which is basically the same as Astral, so...
    Shun is 5D's' Crow. His humor is nothing like Joey's. Maybe more like Shark, yeah. They're both worried about their sister, are vengeful and anti-social.
    I was saying that Shun was the Joey/Shark to Yuto spiritually, these characters are worried by their sisters and also are one of the main character's (Yuto would technically be the main character of his dimension) nearest friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... an otherworldly duelist who came to earth after their world was invaded; then, while on earth, they find help in the form of middle schoolers as well as the enemy who destroyed their world, now disguised as ordinary humans; from their the being and their human aides travel to different worlds until they finally meed the leader of those responsible for the destruction of their home world. Yeah, those two characters are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... an otherworldly duelist who came to earth after their world was invaded; then, while on earth, they find help in the form of middle schoolers as well as the enemy who destroyed their world, now disguised as ordinary humans; from their the being and their human aides travel to different worlds until they finally meed the leader of those responsible for the destruction of their home world. Yeah, those two characters are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different....
    Except that Shun didn't want their help, he wanted to work alone. Shun and Yuto only went to Standard to use Reiji as a hostage to retrieve Ruri from Leo (If I remember well), not to request help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that Shun didn't want their help, he wanted to work alone. Shun and Yuto only went to Standard to use Reiji as a hostage to retrieve Ruri from Leo (If I remember well), not to request help.
    Oh yeah, that tiny detail completely changes everything about the alternate world/the invading world/the help of middle schoolers/their enemy disguised as regular humans/and even using rank-up-magic cards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, that tiny detail completely changes everything about the alternate world/the invading world/the help of middle schoolers/their enemy disguised as regular humans/and even using rank-up-magic cards.
    Because only Astral used RUMs...

Also Astral was sent to the human world, while Shun left his homeworld to find his sister. And while Astral seeked help from others, Shun just basically cards everyone in his way. Even their roles for the story are completely different: While Astral had no idea about his past and just found out everything through the events during the Barian invasion, Shun is the personification of plot himself...

I really couldn't imagine two YuGiOh characters who are more different than those two...