User Tag List

Thread: Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon as an Xyz Material

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon as an Xyz Material

2 Level 7 monsters
    (1) When any player's monster declares an attack: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the attack, then you can Special Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster from your hand or Graveyard. (2) If this Xyz Summoned card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster from your Extra Deck, except "Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon". You can only use each effect of "Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon" once per turn.
    I Xyz Summon Odd-Eyes Absolute first and then it is attached to another Xyz Monster (e.g. Odd-Eyes Rebellion and Silent Honor) as an Xyz Material, and then it is detached or is otherwise sent to the graveyard, can the second effect of Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon be triggered?
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    No, it cannot, because it was not sent to the Graveyard as an Xyz Summoned Monster, but instead as a detached material. Materials are not considered to be on the field.
    Correct, Explanation below

Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon doesn't need to be on the field to trigger its second effect. If you revive a properly summoned Fusion/Synchro/Ritual/Xyz Monster, they aren't on the field either, yet they are somehow recognized as Fusion/Synchro/Ritual/Xyz Summoned monsters.
    Wrong. When a monster leaves the field, it loses labels like "What method this was summoned by". Interestingly it will not lose those labels when flipped down.
    When Absolute becomes Xyz material to begin with, it stopped being a monster, and thus stopped being an Xyz summoned monster.

If what you just said was true, then the "This XXXXX Summoned Monster" Clause would be pointless as it would always be considered XXXXX Summoned and would thus trigger every time it dies.

I think you are confusing "This Xyz summoned Monster" with "This properly summoned Monster"

What? I don't know if I understand you clearly. Let's see...
    To trigger its second effect, it needs to be sent to the Grave while Xyz Summoned on the field. If you Special Summon it back from the Grave with, say, Monster Reborn, I guess it counts as not being Xyz Summoned on the field, just Special Summoned. So it won't activate. Though I don't want you to think I'm totally correct on this. Another opinion would be appreciated.
    done"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it cannot, because it was not sent to the Graveyard as an Xyz Summoned Monster, but instead as a detached material. Materials are not considered to be on the field.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon doesn't need to be on the field to trigger its second effect. If you revive a properly summoned Fusion/Synchro/Ritual/Xyz Monster, they aren't on the field either, yet they are somehow recognized as Fusion/Synchro/Ritual/Xyz Summoned monsters.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To trigger its second effect, it needs to be sent to the Grave while Xyz Summoned on the field. If you Special Summon it back from the Grave with, say, Monster Reborn, I guess it counts as not being Xyz Summoned on the field, just Special Summoned. So it won't activate. Though I don't want you to think I'm totally correct on this. Another opinion would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, Explanation below

Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Wrong. When a monster leaves the field, it loses labels like "What method this was summoned by". Interestingly it will not lose those labels when flipped down.
    When Absolute becomes Xyz material to begin with, it stopped being a monster, and thus stopped being an Xyz summoned monster.

If what you just said was true, then the "This XXXXX Summoned Monster" Clause would be pointless as it would always be considered XXXXX Summoned and would thus trigger every time it dies.

I think you are confusing "This Xyz summoned Monster" with "This properly summoned Monster"

done
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.