User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 86 Discussion: A very long night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 86 Discussion: A very long night.

This episode features Reira vs mooks.
    "It's not a spoiler, if it's obvious." - Yusei Fudo in YGOTAS
    So it's not a spoiler that Reira wins this duel. It's not the first time we have seen one person defeating multiple opponents at once in ARC-V, but this time it's quite different.
    Spoiler Alert!
    In contrast to Kurosaki and Yuya, who both have monsters with One Turn Three Kill abilities, Reira does not rely on a single monster alone and uses a loop combo to perform a One Turn Three Kill with three different monsters. But the main reason of his victory is because his opponents were dumb. They summoned their Goyo Catapult in Attack Position and leave them in that position even if they don't attack Reira. And their stats are 800 ATK / 2800 DEF! How stupid can they be?!

As hinted in previous episodes, Reira's Extra Deck monsters depend on the attribute of his opponents' monsters, so that means he has at least 18 different Extra Deck monsters for six different attributes.
    Unlike the other younger brother characters (Mokuba, Sho and Haruto), Reira was given a build-up to hype his dueling skills and proper character development like Sho. I don't find him really annoying and I like the fact that he interacts with so many different characters other than his brother to develop his character, something that Mokuba and Haruto lack.

Serena being a damsel this episode is at least justified. I don't know about her physical abilities, but since she's an Academia student, I guess that she has the same soldier training like Sora and the others... unless she does not and that's why she is an Osiris student. Anyway, the writers avoid that problem by just
    Spoiler Alert!
    poisoning/paralyzing her with gas.

We got the name of Yuri's dragon:
    Spoiler Alert!
    Starve Venom Fusion Dragon, a Level 8 DARK monster related to Professor Cobra's Venom archetype.

Also, Reiji still shows how badass he is. When I saw this, I just lol'd, just because how awesome he is.
    Spoiler Alert!

Anyway, the Friendship Cup is not over and the semi-finals have started.
    Spoiler Alert!
    At the night of the quarter-finals day. Maybe the tournament will end in the next morning.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 20th December 2015 at 10:43 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reira might not have 18 Extra Deck Monsters, instead he may have 54 (It was hinted at the lore from Past Tuning and Past Overlay which have 3 differents results, also, the Fusions which depend on the Level of the attribute specific monster). I like his Deck, he may have monsters that are treated as "Critical Eye", because I see him having a contingency plan if he doesn't get "Critical Eye" besides "Film Magician" and the "Shuttler Layer" cards. And the character developement is just very good.

Yuri's Dragon's name is sexy, being Level 8 is a reference to the Anime Level of "Flame Wingman". Now that I think it, if "2 Reptile-Type Monsters" are Yuri's Dragon's requirements (If he even runs Reptiles, having the "Venom" part of his Dragon's name and his Reptile-ish eyes in the Opening as hints), it should be generic enough for Yuya since he has Reptiles too (Big Bite Turtle, Lizardraw, Bot-Eyes Lizard, Whip Snake and Partnaga for now). And curiously enough, it cannot be used directly as a Material for OERD.

Reiji is badass as ever, this is what happens when he gets down to buisness (We might have Reiji vs Sergey).

Roger rushes the Duels because he is desperate (And he hasn't even seen Yuri yet, imagine how we would flip his shit if he sees him).

The hype goes to the possibility of seeing Yuri's Dragon in action, considering they are going Berserk Mode in the following episodes. Invasion may happen in the following episodes.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 20th December 2015 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Yuri and Yugo don't duel this episode, wouldn't it be cool and hilarious if Yuri stayed on the truck and dueled Yugo from there while Yugo's chasing him with his D-Wheel? That would be one of the most ridiculous duels ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    While Yuri and Yugo don't duel this episode, wouldn't it be cool and hilarious if Yuri stayed on the truck and dueled Yugo from there while Yugo's chasing him with his D-Wheel? That would be one of the most ridiculous duels ever.
    If they are going to duel while Berserk, it would be lulzy to watch, or Yuri running Jose style at the highway while Yugo is wanting to crush him with his D-Wheel.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 20th December 2015 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not. We've already had Atem and Weevil dueling on the top of a speeding train.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Why not. We've already had Atem and Weevil dueling on the top of a speeding train.
    Yeah, but we don't have a duelist standing on top of a truck dueling a guy who is chasing him with his motorcycle. That would be awkward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess there's the answer to everyone's hope of Yuri's Dragon having a relevant reference to a GX character (well, if anything, it makes reference to a character that is more in line to the Fusion Dimension's method of duel training)

I like that Reira's extra deck monsters don't tell anything about him and how it fits his character and hints that maybe in the future there will be a boss monster that is something you can call a boss monster and represent his (newfound/recovered) personality, because so far his "signature cards" would be C/C Critical Eye and Film Magician.

As for the preview... I see the arc is finally reaching it's peak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but we don't have a duelist standing on top of a truck dueling a guy who is chasing him with his motorcycle. That would be awkward.
    We did have a guy duel on a motorcycle while his opponent was on the ground. I think it would look a lot like that. That duel was so awkward. Like he couldn't just get off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    I guess there's the answer to everyone's hope of Yuri's Dragon having a relevant reference to a GX character (well, if anything, it makes reference to a character that is more in line to the Fusion Dimension's method of duel training)

I like that Reira's extra deck monsters don't tell anything about him and how it fits his character and hints that maybe in the future there will be a boss monster that is something you can call a boss monster and represent his (newfound/recovered) personality, because so far his "signature cards" would be C/C Critical Eye and Film Magician.

As for the preview... I see the arc is finally reaching it's peak.
    His monsters simbomize that he adapted to the situation to survive like mentioned in 67. His boss monster would be a Pendulum like his brother.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I laugh every time I think of Professor Cobra (Viper) because he was a military commander before going into dueling. That makes him Cobra Commander.

Cobra Commander vs. Judai Joe.