User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Dennis such a non-menacing name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Dennis such a non-menacing name?

The character has 2 sides to him similar to Vector, has a likable personality, and uses one of the nost powerful archetypes out right now, but is named "Dennis".
    Couldn't there be a more villainous name for him? If somebody told you they were being hunted by someone named Dennis, would you take them seriously?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis is the name of people who always try to screw you up, do not trust anyone with that name, the most iconic example for me is Armourer Dennis on Dark souls 2 this guy is a pain the ass thanks to him he made me dislike that name but ironically i play Dennis's Performage cards
    Last edited by King; 14th January 2016 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis the Menace.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Dennis the Menace.
    Dennis, the Evil Clown. ... Yeah... Denniiiisssss...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it would be too obvious. Although people predicted him to be evil before he was even introduced.
    Voldemort's true name is Tom Riddle. Even he changed his name.

Remember this guy from the SpongeBob movie:
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter View Post
    The character has 2 sides to him similar to Vector, has a likable personality, and uses one of the nost powerful archetypes out right now, but is named "Dennis".
    Couldn't there be a more villainous name for him? If somebody told you they were being hunted by someone named Dennis, would you take them seriously?
    Vector played umbral horrors. When was that one of the most powerful archetypes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Vector played umbral horrors. When was that one of the most powerful archetypes?
    Back when we all imagined them getting more support. Oh wait, I don't think anyone imagined that.

But seriously, it doesn't take a "menacing" name to be an antagonist. One could have the most dull name in the world and still be an antagonist.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's a shame that there wasn't more Umbral Horror support, it was a rather unique gimmick. Not that it hasn't stopped me from turning his strategy into R4NK in my Dissidia fic (mwha-hah-hah!)
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was refering to Performages, my bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    Back when we all imagined them getting more support. Oh wait, I don't think anyone imagined that.

But seriously, it doesn't take a "menacing" name to be an antagonist. One could have the most dull name in the world and still be an antagonist.
    I understand what you mean, it's just lacking in the "whoa" factor. I guess it all worked out with him being a double agent and all. He didn't really need to sound scary to be secretive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter View Post
    I was refering to Performages, my bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand what you mean, it's just lacking in the "whoa" factor. I guess it all worked out with him being a double agent and all. He didn't really need to sound scary to be secretive.
    I'll be honest and say that, in Dennis' last duel with Shun, his acting was terrible. Even when he was "serious", it seemed as though he was not even trying to be intimidating, or trying too hard, if anything.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)