User Tag List

Thread: Buster Blader/Destruction Sword deck list (Need help)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buster Blader/Destruction Sword deck list (Need help)

Got a few cards on the way but still trying to figure out how to get this deck going...

Monsters
    1 Dark Magician
    3 Buster Blader
    1 Buster Blader, the Destruction Swordmaster
    3 Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordman
    2 Dragon Buster Destruction Sword
    1 Robot Buster Destruction Sword
    3 Wizard Buster Destruction Sword
    3 Elemental HERO Prisma
    2 King of the Swamp

Spells
    2 Cards of Consance
    3 Emblem of Dragon Destroyer
    1 One for One
    2 Polymerization
    1 Reinforcement of the Army
    3 Destruction Swordsman Fusion
    2 Twin Twister

Traps
    1 Bottomless Trap Hole
    2 Destruction Sword Flash
    1 Torrential Tribute
    2 Call of the Haunted
    1 Solemn Warning

Extra Deck
    1 Amulet Dragon
    2 Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman
    1 Dark Paladin
    1 Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons
    2 Buster Dragon
    1 Stardust Dragon
    1 Stardust Dragon
    (Planning to add a Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend and of course, a Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss)
    Last edited by Felgrandknight; 24th January 2016 at 04:21 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lose the Robot Buster, Dragon Buster to 3, Wizard to 1-2, Prisma at 3, Poly at 0, Fusion at 1-2, Twin Twister at 3, lose the traps save for CotH and Solemn, consider dropping the Dark Magician too.

Buster Blader is easily searchable via Emblem but you can't easily get him on the field save for Whelp, who's unsearchable. So you pick the alternative of finding ways to dump Buster Blader to the graveyard as fast as possible, which Prisma immediately does. However, the BB Poly is recycleable, so you don't really need more than 2 copies of it. If you want to run Polymerization, I would suggest looking at a Prisma/Shadowmist/Blazeman engine, since it's pretty stable, gives you Rank 4 options and can go into Dark Law. Of course, this doesn't solve your Synchro issues, getting to Synchro into level 8 with a level 1 tuner isn't particularly easy if your Level 7 Buster Blader just refuses to enter the field easily.

You have alternatives for this deck, but it all depends on how much you're willing to spend.
    I'm a bear.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
    Lose the Robot Buster, Dragon Buster to 3, Wizard to 1-2, Prisma at 3, Poly at 0, Fusion at 1-2, Twin Twister at 3, lose the traps save for CotH and Solemn, consider dropping the Dark Magician too.

Buster Blader is easily searchable via Emblem but you can't easily get him on the field save for Whelp, who's unsearchable. So you pick the alternative of finding ways to dump Buster Blader to the graveyard as fast as possible, which Prisma immediately does. However, the BB Poly is recycleable, so you don't really need more than 2 copies of it. If you want to run Polymerization, I would suggest looking at a Prisma/Shadowmist/Blazeman engine, since it's pretty stable, gives you Rank 4 options and can go into Dark Law. Of course, this doesn't solve your Synchro issues, getting to Synchro into level 8 with a level 1 tuner isn't particularly easy if your Level 7 Buster Blader just refuses to enter the field easily.

You have alternatives for this deck, but it all depends on how much you're willing to spend.
    I'd also like to add that Fate of the Destruction Swordmaster can knock out dead Destruction Sword cards in the hand, like the new Buster Blader.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    I'd also like to add that Fate of the Destruction Swordmaster can knock out dead Destruction Sword cards in the hand, like the new Buster Blader.
    BB Poly can do the same thing, but you need to have somehow milled it, or played it so it's gone to grave. Sure you can easily play Fate to banish up to 3 monsters, but you could have drawn BB Poly instead of BB Fate, so I personally don't like it.

If I want to Discard a BB card, I think Cards of Consonance are better for discarding the tuners, both Whelp and Dragon Blade, since they net you draw power. Meanwhile, One for One and 3x Twin Twister serve you as discards for that BB you've drawn, while also covering you by clearing backrow or netting you a tuner on the field.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's The Eye of Timaeus?

You're already running Elemental Hero Prisma at 2.

You could also run Hex-Sealed Fusion monster too.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 21st January 2016 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolan View Post

Im working on that, Im working on dropping the Robot buster down to at let 1, and the wizards to 1, I wanting to keep the Dark Magician for the use of Dark Paladin and the Amulet Dragon here, Im thinking of using the idea of 2 of the DS fusion and rea-dding back a Karma of the DS, I wanted to add Dragon Knight Draco-equise and I thinking of adding a mircale syncho fusion here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3QU13M View Post
    Where's The Eye of Timaeus?

You're already running Elemental Hero Prisma at 2.

You could also run Hex-Sealed Fusion monster too.
    Dont really need that Eye of Timaeus that much I feel like that would slow down the deck a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - 1 less Robot Buster in the deck and the Galaxy Draguns have been replaced with 2 copies of King of the Swamp. Extra Deck-wise, have a HRDA Abyss on the way alongside a Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon and another Dark Paladin (so good this format!)