User Tag List

Thread: Lost Connection = Rage Quit?

Registered User ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost Connection = Rage Quit?

I was dueling this Kozmo player because he was saying Moon-Light was worthless, I managed to get out Panther, Tiger, and Blue Cat with both scales on the field when I was about to get rid of his 3 Dark Destroyer (Panther had 3100 ATK) with 2 Fiendish Chain and a Waboku set, then I lost connection. This topic is where it gets interesting, this guy is like Feeling all mighty for my losing connection and says that Moon-Light really are worthless. He said I rage quit but losing connection doesn't seem to be the same, ragequitting is intentional, losing connection is not. What do you guys think about this?

Losing Connection = Rage Quit

OR

Losing Connection =/= Rage Quit

Share your thoughts too if something like this happened to you too.
    Also share your thoughts if this topic is on the wrong section, I couldn't find a debate section. :$
    Last edited by ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt; 21st January 2016 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living in Australia, I have to cope with an Internet that looks like a Comcast scam. Losing connection, in a losing or winning position, is inevitable at times but you really can never know for sure what happened on your opponent's end.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a ragequit.
    Good luck convincing a knobhead of that though.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally different, as long as you know that you did not ragequited its fine, the internet connection can fail sometimes, just let this guy/girl go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly believe it depends on the situation. If someone is in a losing position and "magically" loses connection, then he/she probably ragequit. In this case, it would make no sense for you to be in a winning position and ragequit.

I have already expressed that DP/YGOPro clients should show some sort of indication for "ragequit" instead of showing it as "x lost connection," but I feel as if my advice has fallen on deaf ears.

Also, that is the kind of player the YGO community does not need. It is people of the sort that make this game unlikable at times.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    I honestly believe it depends on the situation. If someone is in a losing position and "magically" loses connection, then he/she probably ragequit. In this case, it would make no sense for you to be in a winning position and ragequit.

I have already expressed that DP/YGOPro clients should show some sort of indication for "ragequit" instead of showing it as "x lost connection," but I feel as if my advice has fallen on deaf ears.

Also, that is the kind of player the YGO community does not need. It is people of the sort that make this game unlikable at times.
    It would be useless because if you want to spoof losing a connection you can just terminate your internet momentarily and from the client's end this is completely identical. This is also why DN(+F) treats leaving the game as a loss with almost no exceptions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As claire already said, it would make no diference to the client, thus it cannot be trusted. Unfortunately for all of us, players with a bad connection, it is for the best to just count any loss of connection as a game loss, even if this cause some kinda of arrogance on a childish player that doesn't even matter at all.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado