User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Opinion] Iíve Stumped The Trumpanda, And So Can You

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't read this before voting, so I took the selfish option of voting S0 to keep that ridiculous effect away from my country the longest possible (even though I don't think it got much play in the OCG). Still, I think it is a card many Americans would be satisfied with, so I guess it wasn't such a bad choice?
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't want S0 to be a YCS promo. It's a perfect candidate too.
    If trumpanda becomes our jump card, and S0 is a prize card, I'm voting for trump. He will make America great again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a player that lives in South America, I can say that cards that have a high impact on the meta should not be region exclusives. And we, people of the south, get the same releases as Europe, so the meta when Turbo Towers existed was the same as over there.

Personally, I don't care much for S0 as of now, as I play Number 99 in my RaidRaptor deck and don't feel like trading it for S0, but in the future, I would like to have it both for collection purposes and as an option for future decks/builds. Vote for Trumpanda, it will be nice for everyone, as for collectors here, it will still be quite cheap, even being a SJ Promo, when compared with S0.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just feel like pointing out that a tuba isn't a trumpet.

And that the poll isn't one vote per person at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to play devil's advocate for a bit here and spew some unpopular opinions. While it's nice to be considerate to everyone else in the world, outright picking something that would be detrimental to people who pay for a subscription is also kind of an issue. Do people who pay an extra amount for a subscription deserve the worst possible option?

It's unfair that these cards are held on to for such a long time, but if they happened to have a predetermined worldwide release date that was disclosed (and not too absurd), would that really be a problem? I think that it is unfair that the rest of the TCG world would have to wait so long, but I also think it's fair that people who pay for the subscription get the added incentive.

I've seen situations where communities were given a fair shake at picking a card turn out with a pretty messy outcome with a situation such as this. If the people at Shonen Jump happened across this and misinterpreted what's happening, they might reconsider allowing a community vote. I appreciate your words carefully trying to not paint this as "stuffing the vote", so to say.

I don't think that this answer is quite so fair, or simple, in short. I think the proper answer would be to freely allow them to use as great cards as possible, but to have them in unique rarity (SJ rarity, if you will. Could be kind of like the Duel Terminal process for cards) and to hold them as exclusive for a shorter margin of time. If they are allowing this level of player input, I feel like this is the right direction to head into, personally. The people who pay real money for a system that's in their benefit shouldn't be given a short end of the stick, and I think my proposed solution would work best for everyone.

...of course, this would require a lot of emails/formal suggestions and the like, but ultimately I don't feel so comfortable with the proposition proposed here. I don't agree with the system that's currently in place, but to manipulate it and to shortchange the people who pay for a subscription seems a bit disingenuous as well.

It's a solution that makes sense, but either way you'd look at it, I feel like someone would have to be shortchanged if followed as-is.