User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible timeline

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible timeline

So, I saw a rant on Deviantart about how confusing the Yu-Gi-Oh! timeline is, and I decided to try and make sense of it all. I haven't got this completed though, since I'd like to see input and possible debate on the subject.

8000 B.C.
    Corruption of the people of Atlantis by the Orichalcos. Battle of Atlantis, resulting in one of the first recorded instances of the appearances of Duel Monsters on Earth. The 5000 year battle between the Crimson Dragon and the King of the Netherworld takes place, and ends in its first disturbance with the apparently permanent sealing of Red Nova in the serpent Nazca Line.

3000 B.C.
    The 5000 year battle between the Crimson Dragon and the King of the Netherworld takes place again. The Earthbound Immortals are sealed in the Nazca Lines, but Ancient Fairy Dragon is taken captive.

1185 B.C.
    Creation of the Millennium Items, and the birth of the power of Zorc Necrophades after the massacre of Kul Elna. The first recorded Shadow Games. In addition, the power of Duel Monsters becomes widespread.

1000 B.C.
    Attacks by Bandit King Bakura, who claims all seven Millennium Items and releases Zorc. Sealing of the Shadow Games and the memories and souls of Pharaoh Atem and Zorc in the Millennium Pendant, which is shattered and becomes the Millennium Puzzle. Dartz witnesses these events, prompting him to plan to use Atem's soul to resurrect the Great Leviathan. Yliaster is formed by the Three Emperors.

20th Century
    Birth of Dr. Eisenstein.
    1960's
    Solomon Muto visits the Valley of the Kings and discovers the Millennium Puzzle.
    The awakening of the spirit of Pharaoh Atem, who takes on the identity of the completer of the Millennium Puzzle, Yugi Muto. The Duelist Kingdom tournament is held.
    The Battle City, and KC Grand Prix tournaments are held. The Shadow RPG takes place, resulting in the final destruction of Zorc Necrophades.
    21st Century
    Jaden Yuki enrols in Duel Academy and receives the "Winged Kuriboh" card from Yugi Muto. Attack of the Shadow Riders and the release of the captured students of the Abandoned Dorm with the exception of Yusuke Fujiwara.
    The Society of Light sets its sights on Duel Academy and the satellite SORA. Graduation of Zane Truesdale from Duel Academy. Disbandment of the Society of Light after the defeat of the Light of Destruction.
    Crisis of the Twelve Dimensions. Transportation of Duel Academy to another dimension and the rescue of Jesse Anderson.
    Re-taking of Duel Academy's third semester. Attack on Earth by the being known as Trueman at the behest of Nightshroud, resulting in most of the planet's population being trapped in the World of Darkness. Defeat of Nightshroud and the release of the population.
    Disaster of Zero Reverse. Destruction of Domino City, resulting in the segregation of the two parts left into New Domino City and the Satellite Sector. Red Nova remains unreleased, both due to its line being covered and the Dark Signers' fear of its power.
    Jack Atlas abandons Yusei Fudo and his friends and travels to New Domino City, where he ascends to the title of Duel King.
    The Fortune Cup and the gathering of the Signers occurs. The Dark Signers and the Earthbound Immortals attack New Domino City and the Satellite Sector. Defeat of the Dark Signers, and the re-integration of New Domino City and the Satellite Sector.
    The Three Emperors of Yliaster become the Directors of Sector Security. Crash Town is released from slavery and renamed Satisfaction Town. The World Racing Grand Prix takes place, and the Ark Cradle crisis occurs.
    Fortune is created to prevent a second Zero Reverse as occurred in the future of Yliaster's founders. Departure of the Signers.
    Crow Hogan leaves his racing team to go solo, and recommends Leo to take his place.
    Doctor Faker, Byron Arclight, and Kazuma Tsukumo discover the door to another dimension, and Faker betrays his fellows. He and Byron end up travelling to Barian World, while Kazuma ends up in Astral World.
    Disqualification of Reginald Kastle from the Heartland National Duel Circuit. Reginald takes the name Shark and becomes a delinquent. Quattro becomes the East Asian Duel Champion.
    Arrival of Astral on Earth. Progression of the manipulations of Vector. The World Duel Carnival takes place and Vector's plans fail. Direct attacks by Barian World on Earth. Battle of Sargasso and the release of Don Thousand. Destruction of Don Thousand and use of the Numeron Code to revive the Seven Barian Emperors.
    Creation of the ARC System, allowing for the materialization of holograms with mass.
    Leo Akaba applies the ARC System to Duel Monsters for use in widespread tournaments. Zarc becomes a champion Duelist and his victories escalate in violence. At the end of his season he becomes the King of Games. He unleashes his four dragons on the world and fuses with them to become the Supreme King Z-ARC. Ray Akaba challenges Zarc with the four cards created by her father from the natural energy of Earth and she, Zarc, and the world are split into the Four Dimensions divided by Summoning methods.
    Recreation of the ARC System by Yusho Sakaki and Leo Akaba in the Standard Dimension. Yusho Sakaki meets and marries Yoko Sakaki. “Birth” of Yuya Sakaki, Zuzu Boyle, Yuto, Lulu Obsidian, Yugo, Rin, Yuri and Celina.
    Arrest of Chojiro Tokumatsu in the Synchro Dimension.
    Recreation of Turbo Duels in the Synchro Dimension by Commons Duelists. The Duel Chasers are created to manage them.
    Disappearance of Yusho Sakaki and Leo Akaba from the Standard Dimension to the Xyz and Fusion Dimensions respectively. Arrival of Jean-Michael Roget in the Synchro Dimension and of the Fusion Dimension's Alexis Rhodes at Duel Academy. The ARC System is present in all Four Dimensions. Celina attempts to escape from Duel Academy. The Jack Atlas of the Synchro Dimension becomes the Duel King.
    Declan Akaba becomes the youngest Duelist to qualify for the Pro League.
    Invasion of Xyz Dimension, and kidnapping of Lulu Obsidian and Rin. Yusho Sakaki meets the Fusion Dimension's Aster Phoenix and is sent to the Fusion Dimension, where he meets Alexis Rhodes, and they form the second You Show Duel School. The first public Pendulum Summons are used by Yuya Sakaki. The Arc League Championship takes place in Paradise City. The Friendship Cup takes place in the Synchro Dimension. Roget is deposed, and Yuya Sakaki becomes the King of Games after defeating Jack Atlas. The High Council is disbanded and the boundaries between Topsiders and Commons dissolved. Heartland is freed and the Academy students present stand down and assist in rebuilding. ARC-V is triggered and Supreme King Z-ARC is re-created. Downfall of Supreme King Z-ARC at the hands of Ray Akaba possessing Riley Akaba, and transference of Zarc's spirit into Riley. Reformation of the Standard Dimension as the Pendulum Dimension, and union of Zarc's fragments into Yuya Sakaki and Ray's into Zuzu Boyle. Pacification of Zarc's spirit within Riley and graduation of Yuya Sakaki to the Pro League.
    Revolver attempts to destroy Cyberse in Link VRAINS, but fails due to the intervention of Ignis; causing Cyberse's location to be lost. Ignis is seemingly destroyed.
    Attacks by the Knights of Hanoi. Ignis resurfaces and is captured by Yusaku Fujiki, under the alias "Playmaker".

So yeah, feel free to discuss and/or present input. Now updated with full ARC-V and the little that I know of VRAINS. And also fixed....
    Last edited by Sanokal; 20th May 2017 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Altering future events; ARC-V and VRAINS.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if adding ARC-V events in a linear timeline with the other series is a correct assumption, unless we find out later in the story that the 4 Dimensions used to be 1 and fragmented for some reason (which has a 50% probability of being true in my opinion)

I have other minor complaints like Zexal being a continuation of 5D's instead of a parallel timeline but since that's anybody's guess then it doesn't really matter for me.

Also, the ARC System? It's the first time I've heard about it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is based on an assumption that they're set in the same continuity.
    Thus why ZEXAL takes place quite a while after 5D's.
    The ARC System is the dub name for the Real Solid Vision System - the solid vision with mass.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh I see, in that case it's fine. I feel like a 10 year difference between the events of 5D's and Zexal is too little though, but that's probably just me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As do I. Hence why it's longer. Ener-D was also worldwide by then, so that presumably helped quite a bit in the technological development.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always though that because ZEXAL world was created by a card, it was actually a offspring from the main timeline, but no one can say for sure. Aside from that and the ambiguity that Arc-V has show us until now, it's a pretty good timeline.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does Paradox from the movie come into all of this? I know some people don't even count the movies but if we were to then where would he be fitted?
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    Where does Paradox from the movie come into all of this? I know some people don't even count the movies but if we were to then where would he be fitted?
    Paradox was canon, BBT occured before Crash Town and he was mentioned in a flashback. POL is non-canon. DSOD is from the Manga continuity so it doesn't count in this timeline.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 27th January 2016 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nightshroud actually used a card as a metaphor when he explained the creation of the universe to Jaden. One could argue that he wasn't being metaphorical.
    Paradox is during the second year of 5D's and after Crash Town I believe (either after or just before), and presumably inbetween either Battle City and Waking the Dragons or Grand Championship and Dawn of the Duel. As for the GX time, I'd place it in my timeline at 2008.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Nightshroud actually used a card as a metaphor when he explained the creation of the universe to Jaden. One could argue that he wasn't being metaphorical.
    Paradox is during the second year of 5D's and after Crash Town I believe (either after or just before), and presumably inbetween either Battle City and Waking the Dragons or Grand Championship and Dawn of the Duel. As for the GX time, I'd place it in my timeline at 2008.
    I know this is all speculation. But you're saying Yugi has the God Cards after winning the Battle City, while Jaden in 2008 has probably graduated, and Yusei is getting ready for the WRGP. So middle of DM, end of GX, and near the end of 5D's?
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain