User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SR02] Three More SR02 Reprints

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we getting Charge of The Light Brigade if there's only one Lightsworn in the Deck? Unless they release more, this is just a simple Dragon's Collide 2.0 Deck, featuring Felgrand. Now...if that's the case, where's mah damn CED Reprint?
    Oh look, a REALLY small set of words. It's not like they're important..right?

Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cards in Structure Decks are only meant to be playable, not optimal (and within that subset, older cards that need reprints tend to have a higher priority). The Fire King Structure Deck had Manticore of Darkness, despite that being just a really bad card in every sense. That deck also had Blaze Accelerator with only 3 valid discard targets (and two of them you wouldn't want to discard really). It's not uncommon and its intentionally so you buy multiples.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Know 4 Guys that can make this New Dragon-Type Support shine

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clairedestroyer! View Post
    The Fire King Structure Deck had Manticore of Darkness, despite that being just a really bad card in every sense.
    Every sense save 'I want to add Archfiend Eater to this Deck', that is (let us not forget that it combos with Manticore of Darkness and Backfire for a derpy little OTK [EDIT: Even if that only came to be more than a year after the deck came out, the relevance to the card is still there]).

But yeah, as claire said, Structure Decks are built simply to provide usable cards and be able to make a more functional deck by buying more than one of them (I mean really, would you want to have only one Gospel of Revival or Paladin of Felgrand? I think not.) -- it's just that between them and Starter Decks, their cards happen to be more usable.
    Last edited by Baroque; 29th January 2016 at 07:41 AM.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!